16. A socially responsible company
is concerned with its economic and social value and environmental impact
Explanation: Socially responsible initiatives are not geared towards profits, but rather at integrating external stakeholders such as the local community, environment, charitable organizations, etc.
- Student: G.J.
- Textbook: N/A
- Course: BUS 475 Exam
- About: Please help me answer these 50 questions from the first part of my business capstone final exam.
17. Laura has dreamed of playing in a symphony. She practices her instrument every day and yet, year after year, she cannot successfully play the difficult musical piece necessary to try out. This is an example of
motivation not equaling performance
Explanation: Laura is obviously very motivated to achieve a goal, but this motivation is not producing any increase in performance to play the musical piece.
18. One of the principal roles of the Judiciary is
to issue injunctions and related orders
Explanation: The judiciary, aka the court, is responsible for issuing injunctions that require a party to stop a specific action. Some examples would be a restraining order, cease and desist order, etc.
19. Which of the following groups would be most likely to benefit from a tariff on Japanese-manufactured. light trucks (i.e., pickup trucks)?
U.S. domestic pickup truck manufacturers
Explanation: A tariff on Japanese imports would cause their price to rise in the United States, thus giving domestic producers an advantage over competitors.
20. A valid contract must
exist where all necessary legal elements for contract formation are present
Explanation: There are several legal elements required for a valid contract, such as consideration for both parties, capacity, offer, and acceptance